First the Seed Foundation (FTSF) is a not-for-profit organization established in 2008 by the American Seed Trade Association. Our mission is to conduct education, outreach, and communication on the value of crops and food produced from seed. In order to fulfill that mission, we have given ourselves the following goals:
- To attract the best and brightest minds to agricultural fields of study.
- To teach students, communities, and consumers in the U.S. and abroad about the impact that seed-derived products have on their daily lives.
- To provide improved economic research to illustrate the value and importance of the seed industry to consumers and the agricultural community.
- To increase awareness among American consumers and students of the science that the seed industry is evolving, and that changing needs in agricultural education programs in plant breeding, genetics, and seed science must be met if we are to keep pace with new global demands.
- To create new avenues to enable the seed industry to bring meaningful economic and philanthropic impacts to both the developed and developing world through improved agriculture production from improved seed.
We're working hard to accomplish our goals, but we need help. Your contribution will help us to build awareness and understanding of the importance of the seed industry. To read our 4-year education plan, click here.
© 2009 First the Seed Foundation · 1701 Duke Street, Suite 275, Alexandria, VA 22314 · 703-837-8140 Contact Us
| Site Map