ABOUT USFirst the Seed Foundation (FTSF) is a not-for-profit organization established in 2008 by the American Seed Trade Association, one of the oldest trade associations in America, to inform today's consumers and tomorrow's workforce about the importance of the seed industry.
To conduct education, outreach, and communication on the value of crops and food produced from seed.
- To attract the best and brightest minds to agricultural fields of study.
- To teach students, communities, and consumers in the U.S. and abroad about the impact that seed-derived products have on their daily lives.
- To provide improved economic research to illustrate the value and importance of the seed industry to consumers and the agricultural community.
- To increase awareness among American consumers and students of the science that the seed industry is evolving, and that changing needs in agricultural education programs in plant breeding, genetics and seed science must be met if we are to keep pace with new global demands.
- To create new avenues to enable the seed industry to bring meaningful economic and philanthropic impacts to both the developed and developing world through improved agriculture production from improved seed.
© 2009 First the Seed Foundation · 1701 Duke Street, Suite 275, Alexandria, VA 22314 · 703-837-8140 Contact Us
| Site Map